Re: [Evolution] evolution-dev / weekends and holidays

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 22:07, Mårten Woxberg wrote:
sön 2002-09-15 klockan 20.23 skrev Christian Borup:
On søn, 2002-09-15 at 17:28, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 14:39, florian wrote:
hi!

im wondering if there is a way to import national holidays
to evolution in an easy way..

if you can find a iCalendar file with the holidays, then you should be
able to import that file into evolution's calendar folder.

KDE's KOrganizer highlights holidays and weekends with red in the
listings. It also automaticaly uses the correct holidays..
These are two features that I miss in my calender..

How can it guess the correct holidays?  They vary from country to
country and even province/state to province/state ...

The ability to send a whole month/week/day for checking with another
user if he's available at the same time I am is also missed but
I guess thats because I dont run on an exchange server...

There are a whole bunch of holiday files at Apples iCal library:
    http://www.apple.com/ical/library/holidays.html

If you change the protocal part of the url from webcal to http, you get
a url you can feed wget. The downloaded files should import nicely (the
Danish one did).

Great going to try it now!

./borup

Mårten Woxberg <marwo264 student liu se>
University of Linköping