Re: [Evolution] Creating IMAP deep folder hierarchies

On Sat, 2002-09-07 at 11:58, Kenneth Porter wrote:
Using the 8/21 devel snapshot.

I'm biting the bullet and moving my store from local folders to IMAP
folders, to give me the convenience of multi-client access and remote
access.

I created a ~/mail directory in my home directory, opened the imap port,
and enabled uw-imapd.

I then changed my receive options to use IMAP, specifying the namespace
to be "mail" (uw-imapd defaults to the user home dir and I don't want it
to try to serve the evo local hierarchy to itself).

Moving the root of an evo hierarchy to the new mail directory fails, but
I kinda expect that as upper nodes in the tree have messages and
uw-imapd only supports message-containing mbox mailboxes at the leaves
of the tree. However, If I try to create a subfolder of a folder, the
operation silently fails, the original subfolder disappears from the
tree view (although I can see it from a shell prompt), and no subfolder
is created. Eg. I can create ~/mail/xxx, but I can't create
~/mail/xxx/yyy.

My local tree is quite deep and I do NOT want to flatten that out to
move it to IMAP.

So how do I create an IMAP folder hierarchy more than one deep?

this sounds like a new bug, there were some last minute changes to that
code.

it will only work if the folder itself is empty.  might need to check
the CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1 log to see what its sending the server.  some
servers have different ideas about what are errors too ...

also, i suggest you try courier or another imap server which allows
parent dirs to contain messages.

i'll look into it today perhaps, tho i tested this scenario.