Re: [Evolution] suggestions and annoyances

On Sun, 2002-09-01 at 11:25, Gene Imes wrote:
I have been using pine for a while and decided to switch to Evolution. I
like Evolution but it has some problems. So, what follows is a list of
what I think needs to be added or changed:

1. I have added several users to manage different mailing lists. So if I
have one of these accounts selected and click new message then the
'From:' should be the address of the current folder selected.

I disagree, I never liked that feature.

2. If I have an account selected in the 'Folder' bar an address book
relating specifically to that account should be available.

This sounds like bloat to me, why is having only one local addressbook
not enough?

3. If I click 'Reply', 'Reply to All', or 'Forward' then what should be
forwarded is what is displayed. i.e. If I have selected View->Message
Display->Show Email Source and the full email source is displayed then
that is what should be should be 'Replied' or 'Forwarded'.

I disagree, I feel that the way it works in 1.1.x is the Right Way (tm)
except for one minor nitpick which I want to fix - which is that if I
toggle a part to be shown inline, it should also quote that.

4. If I have selected a message for deletion, which is also my current
selection, then maybe the 'deletion' icon on the toolbar should then
become an 'undeletion' icon.

our UI person disagrees (there was a bug request about this)

5. If I am reading a message it would be nice to have some sort of
context menu with all available options, pertaining to open messages,
with a right click anywhere on the message.

already implemented.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast