Re: [Evolution] Small "quirklets" in Evolution 1.0.8

On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 10:25, Dan O'Reilly wrote:
On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 09:21, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 17:16, Dan O'Reilly wrote:
On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 09:08, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 16:47, Dan O'Reilly wrote:

2. When reading messages, I find that I can't select and cut/copy text.
REALLY limiting, when you're trying to cut-and-paste from an email
message into something else.

are you sure you can't? Maybe that's because you're using the windows
way of doing it. If you use the X way (select with the mouse to copy and
press the middle mouse button to paste) it should work. It does for me.

Likely that's the problem.  Forgot about implict cut/paste.  THe only
issue I had with it is really, I guess, that there are times (for
example, when composing the messages) that you DO have a drop-down menu
for that.  Consistency (or lack thereof) I guess is what I'm getting at.

well, it's consistent with how the rest of X applications work. The
CTRL-C/CTRL-V keybindings (or menu items) are something that we
inherited from windows, AFAIK.

I suppose you're right there.  However, don't forget that a good part of
your user community is VERY used to doing that, as they're refugees from
the windows world.  Just a comment...

There are a couple of issues with menu items working correctly,
otherwise we would have it.  Select middle click should work.
Ctrl-c/Ctrl-v should work. I also have a patch to make right click->copy
exist and work but it was too late in the cycle to go in for this
release and it raises some UI issues.  We haven't forgotten about you,
we just figured there are enough workarounds not to make this a serious
issue.

--Larry