Re: [Evolution] Holidays and such for the Calendar...

On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 15:50, Richard Bemrose wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 14:27, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
hmm, probably you added it incorrectly (in a wrong place). Could you
paste one of the VEVENT's you added the CATEGORIES to?

Whoops, sorry. I have made a mistake; I placed the CATEGORIES:Holiday
*after* the END:VEVENT token. This now works fine :)

awk '{if ($0 == "END:VEVENT") {print "CATEGORIES:Holiday";} print $0;} \
      UK32Holidays.ics > UKHolidays.ics

Can Evolution (v1.0.8) assign a category to any non categorised events
(without having to manually edit the imported iCal file)?

no, you can't

 I see from
Apple's original iCal file that it contains extra headers:
      X-WR-CALNAME;VALUE=TEXT:UK Holidays
      X-WR-RELCALID;VALUE=TEXT:831F8480-C416-11D6-BA97-003065F198AC
Can these be used automatically assign categories when importing a iCal
file?

well, those properties, AFAIK, do not belong to the iCalendar RFC, so
unless we do a special case for broken Apple's iCal files, we won't
support it.

So, the correct fix for this would be to fix Apple's iCal so that it
generates correct VEVENT's. That is, the categories have to be specified
per VEVENT, not at the top of the calendar file with a non-standard
property.

cheers
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo ximian com>