[Evolution] Feature request

I have and use exclusively for all mail, contacts (ldap) etc. Evo
1.0.8-99. Wouldn't change from it, even if the Antarctic froze over,
which it never will, of course.

Anyway. What I'd love in a future release would be a proper, advanced
search in mail my on-hard disk mail accounts. No IMAP, just
straightforward hard disk.

I subscribe to quite a few high-volume lists. Examples are Exim users,
PHP General, PHP databases, Evo (of course), Netfilter and more. I use
them as references for problems etc and just let the accumulate. Exim is
getting on for 7 1/2 thousand *unread* postings (deleted all before Dec.
last), PHP General for for 3.000 unread (subscribed in June last).

I mostly use these lists to find things I should know. For this I use
the Evo search utility. At the present it's very limited and often
doesn't find things at all. Search for "base64" in PHP general and it
doesn't find anything, although there are entries. Search for "base" and
you get everything about databases in addition, which I don't want.

I can't search on "not", I can't search on "and", I can't search on
capitals. Would this be possible?

"Search on the Internet, idiot," I hear people saying. No, I have a dial
up account and those people don't have to pay Dutch phone bills. And
there are so many competitors, all vying for my dialup time.

Don't ask for much from Evo, except properly working ldap, which Chris
doesn't seem to care about. Perhaps people like Jeff (slime, slime) or
NotZed (slime, slime) would listen to this request?

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

"There are many people who can't face the truth ... If you rob a
normal person of life's lies, at the same time you'll be robbing
him of his happiness."