Re: [Evolution] Command-line calls for Evolution

On Sat, 2002-10-12 at 22:48, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

Eventually there will be a way to attach documents via the mailto:
command-line argument

something like:

evolution mailto:fejj ximian com?subject=hello&attach=file.doc

Is it just me, or does this seem like a Really Bad Idea to anyone else?
I'm just envisioning thousands of script-kiddies putting:

    Get Free Pr0n!
    </a>

in their web pages.  And you know somebody's going to click on it and
not notice that there's an attachment.

Don't get me wrong, I'd really like to be able to attach a file from the
command line, but I think a sylpheed-esque "--attach" argument (or something
like that) is *much* preferable to an attempt at cramming the functionality
into the "mailto:"; URI spec.

Cheers!
--
Brett Johnson <brett hp com>