Re: [Evolution] POP3 over SSL, error messages

make sure you're using 1.0.8 or 1.2 beta's.

On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 19:10, Mathy Vanvoorden wrote:
On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 10:11, David Kvarnberg wrote:
Hi,
I've been using Evolution for quite some time now. I fetch mail via
pop3s (POP3 over SSL). Every once in a while I get the error message:

Error while 'Fetching Mail':
Could not connect to <my mail server> (port 995): Resource temporary
unavailable

I have this problem too sometimes. It seems to me that the problem is on
your mailserver. You probably check your mail every minute or so? I have
two pop-accounts on the same server, which I checked every minute, and
the server blocked my requests sometimes (prolly to many requests in
short period)

Is there anything I can do to get rid of this message? It's quite
annoying, esp. since it grabs focus while I'm working on other stuff.
If I try fetching mail immediately after this error message, I usually
succeed.

I have increased the checking time between pop-accounts. Also I made
sure that both checking times where different. The one account is on 3
minutes, the other on 4. This way they don't check at the same time
often. Of course for you it's enough to just increase one ;-) This
solved my problem, I get the messages much less now, once or twice in
day maybe, I can live with that :-)

Outlook clients on my network fetch mail in the same way, but without
any warnings/error-messages ;)

That's because outlook doesn't pop-up error messages. If you watch
closely the status bar on the bottom you'll probably see that sometimes
there appears a red cross, indicating that there was an error...

--

Regards,
Mathy Vanvoorden