Re: [Evolution] Evo Addressbook + OpenLDAP-2.1.3

Tony Earnshaw <tonni billy demon nl> writes:

man, 2002-10-07 kl. 11:10 skrev Dieter Kluenter:

I'm using OpenLDAP-2.1.3 cyrus-sasl-2.1.6 and MIT KRB5-1.2.5 thus
requiring strong authentication by means of GSSAPI, that is, no simple
bind to the ldap server.

I've gone from 2.1.3 thru 2.1.4 to 2.1.5.

I started with 1.2.11 through 2.0.12, 2.0.25 to 2.1.3

[...]

Don't know what basis Linux you use (or is it Solaris?), but try to
compile GQ for Gnome (compiling lets you add features Red Hat rpms don't
have, such as TLS and drag 'n drop), use it extensively and you'll learn
by trial and error. Specially with a 'tail -f' on the -d 256 slapd log
output.

My system originally was SuSE-Linux-6.3 but has been permanently
updated to todays standards.
I'm quite happily using ldapbrowser, gq-0.6 allways exits with errors
and i'm to lazy to check for reasons. :-)

Is evolution able to do a strong bind to the ldap server by means of
GSSAPI?

Not at the moment - there's no strong authentication at all possible
with 1.0.8, not even TLS-based binds (that's supposed to be available on
later versions), but wishes have been expressed before.

OK, now here is an additional vote.

The trouble is, that you can count the LDAP Evo users who subscribe to
this list on the badly mangled fingers of one hand. So, welcome, Dieter,
and thanks for adding a new voice to the few.

Thanks fore your warm wellcome. :-)

As I understand, there is, no suitable addressbook available to manage
strong authentication and creation of own addressbook databases. :-(
Probabely except for phpgroupware and IMP/turba, which i haven't tried
yet.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Kluenter  | Systemberatung