Re: [Evolution] How do I point evo to a different location for its data?

On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 12:31, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 15:28, Dan Winship wrote:
[...]
Another possibility is to symlink /some/other/place/evolution to
~/evolution.

That should work.

But still leaves a symlink in the top-level of $HOME ...

I wonder why it is so difficult to make this configurable via an
EVOLUTION_MAIL environment variable (if that one is set then just use
that dir / create it if it doesn't exist).

but it is not *just* for Evolution Mail, it's for *all* of the
components to use.

Or is the evolution string hardcoded all around the code :-?

No.

Jeff

Soeren.