Re: [Evolution] How do I point evo to a different location for its data?

On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 09:02, Mark Neill wrote:
On 1 Oct 2002, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:

Can this be done? If so,how?

nope.

Has this been fixed (as promised for soo long) in evo 1.1.1 ?

What exactly is there to fix?

you have no option but to live with the directory/link $HOME/evolution

Other mailers (yes even stone-age-old ns4) can be configured to use a
custom directory.

I am not alone with this.

repeating myself it would be nice to have it fixed like e.g.

From:   Soeren Sonnenburg <sonnenburg informatik hu-berlin de>
Cc:     evolution-hackers ximian com
Subject:        Re: [Evolution] /home/$user/evolution question
Date:   25 Jan 2002 20:18:22 +0100
On Fri, 2002-01-25 at 19:15, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
    Evolution is currently setup to put all of you configs and email into
    the /home/$user/evolution folder. Is there a way in a config/menu to
    configure this to use a hidden dot directory (like
    /home/$user/.evolution/)?

    I have yet to find anything in the configs that leads me to think that I
    can set that.

  Indeed, that's not configurable in 1.0.x.

I vote for an environment variable, EVOLUTION_MAIL which is to be used
first (or when  ${HOME}/evolution does not exist :-? )

Which is as simple as:

char* evodir=getenv("EVOLUTION_MAIL");

Thanks,
Soeren.