Re: [Evolution] zaurus sync

Hey Prof. Leduc,

I don't see a way to suppress the alarm on my pilot or evo.  Since Evo
is in a feature freeze until the Gnome2 port (1.4) we likely won't see
that for quite a while unless a lot of people have complained.  :)

Here's a HOW-TO I found on the web for getting ethernet over a USB
cradle (therefore you must have to set up USB sync, right!??).  I assume
Dr. Lawford already has his sync up and running w/ his linux box as I've
seen him using his Zaurus.  Therefore it is likely a conduits issue.

http://www.ruault.com/Zaurus/ethernet-over-usb-howto.html

Depending on what version of Evo he is using he may have to install
pilot conduits.  The stock 1.0.8 should come w/ conduits (check your
gnome control centre), if he is running 1.2 (much better, a little more
unstable... doh!) he'll have to install the
evolution-pilot-1.2.0-1.ximian.1.i386 package from Ximians website.

Run gpilotd-control-applet if he's running 1.2 and make sure your
conduits are set-up.

Cheers,
Chris