Re: [Evolution] Evolution Disrespects Gnome Default Browser Setting

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 19:13, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
check this file:
aj simulacron:~$ cat .gnome/Gnome

[URL Handlers]
default-show=gnome-moz-remote "%s"
info-show=gnome-help-browser "%s"
man-show=gnome-help-browser "%s"
ghelp-show=gnome-help-browser "%s"
http-show=gnome-moz-remote "%s"
https-show=gnome-moz-remote "%s"
ftp-show=gnome-moz-remote "%s"
aj simulacron:~$

Thanks for the good advice.  You might also like the little Python
script I've attached which does what, IMO, gnome-moz-remote *ought* to:
open links in a new tab when there's a browser open, or if no browser is
open, open one.  I *really* dislike having 12 browser windows open when
a new tab would be just fine.

Save this in in /usr/local/bin or somewhere and use it instead of
gnome-moz-remote in .gnome/Gnome.

BTW, if anyone knows a direct way of doing this without resorting to an
external script, I'd like to know about it.

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)