Re: [Evolution] SPAM control

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 12:18, Bob Haddleton wrote:
On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 15:07, Martin Skjöldebrand wrote:
If this has been up before I apologize, I'm just back from a 3 months
trip to East Africa and have discovered that I have a problem.

What is your fav way of battleing Spam? Is there a filter app (like
Black Hole) that you can plug into Evo somehow? Or how do you do it?
Suggestions are welcome. I thought there'd be some spam filter
functionality in Evo by know, but I seem to miss this (if there is).

If your email uses IMAP, and you have shell access to the mail server,
the best way to do it is to use procmail to invoke SpamAssassin
(http://www.spamassassin.org/) on your incoming mail.

If you are using POP, or don't have access to the IMAP server, you can
set up a filter to invoke /usr/bin/spamassassin -e on your incoming mail
messages and check the return code.  If the return code from
spamassassin is non-zero, then the action should be to move the message
into a Spam folder.

The filter would look something like:

If Criterion
"Pipe Message to Shell Command"       "/usr/bin/spamassassin -e" "Does Not
Return" "0"

Or you can run spamd from an init script (under RH 8.0 you can enable it
from Applications->Server Settings->Services) and use the shell command
"/usr/bin/spamc -c" instead.  Should be a lot more efficient.

Then Action
"Move to Folder" "Spam"

Hope this helps...

--