Re: [Evolution] SPAM control
- From: Diego Zamboni <zamboni acm org>
- To: Evolution Mailing List <evolution ximian com>
- Cc: Diego Zamboni <zamboni acm org>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] SPAM control
- Date: 19 Nov 2002 21:37:27 +0100
What is your fav way of battleing Spam? Is there a filter app (like
Black Hole) that you can plug into Evo somehow?
I use Spamassassin (http://www.spamassassin.org/). I run it as a daemon,
and have an Evolution rule that pipes the message to "/usr/bin/spamc
-c", and if it does not return 0, files the message as Spam.
Another possibility would be to run spamassassin on the IMAP server
(assuming you use IMAP), having it tag messages accordingly, and then
just check for the X-Spam-Status: header in Evolution.
It works quite well. A few false negatives, no false positives so far
(well, a few, but they were messages that looked like spam anyway :-)
] [Thread Prev