Re: [Evolution] SPAM control

tis 2002-11-19 klockan 15.18 skrev Bob Haddleton:
On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 15:07, Martin Skjöldebrand wrote:
If this has been up before I apologize, I'm just back from a 3 months
trip to East Africa and have discovered that I have a problem.

What is your fav way of battleing Spam? Is there a filter app (like
Black Hole) that you can plug into Evo somehow? Or how do you do it?
Suggestions are welcome. I thought there'd be some spam filter
functionality in Evo by know, but I seem to miss this (if there is).

If your email uses IMAP, and you have shell access to the mail server,
the best way to do it is to use procmail to invoke SpamAssassin
(http://www.spamassassin.org/) on your incoming mail.

The filter would look something like:

If Criterion
"Pipe Message to Shell Command"       "/usr/bin/spamassassin -e" "Does Not
Return" "0"

Then Action
"Move to Folder" "Spam"

This looks really neat.
I hope I'll be able to get it to work (some problem with my perl
installation). My main worry is that I won't any real messages in my
inbox when it's done with the spam obliteration. :-/

Regards,

Martin S.
--
Martin Skjoldebrand