[Evolution] new or old spell libs with evo 1.2

Hi

I just installed evolution 1.2 (fresh install, not upgrade, never used
it before). Compiled from source on a Slackware 8.1 box.

I don't have spell check working, so F.A Q. says:
"To turn on spell checking, install gnome-spell, along with its two
required libraries, aspell and pspell (on Mandrake, libpspell), plus the
dictionaries for the languages you'll be writing in."

So I go to get Gnome-spell, aspell and pspell and I find that pspell is
now dead.

From "The Old Aspell/Pspell" webpage http://aspell.net/old.html:
"The original Aspell/Pspell combination is now frozen. Since GNU Aspell
is now released absolutly no support will be provided for the original
Aspell/Pspell combination."

So, do I really have to grab an old Aspell-0.33.7/Pspell-0.12.2 combo or
can I use the new Aspell-0.50.2 on it's own. If so, can someone at
Ximian update the F.A.Q.

--

Bill Leuze
947 Berry Pt Rd