[Evolution] Palm Multiple Appointments in 1.2 Solved?

Hey Guys,

Here is a heads up to anybody that might be a palm user out there.

After upgrading to Evo 1.2 I tried to sync my palm and I got multiple
appointments and tasks (contacts was still good though).

Here's my step by step solution:

1. MAKE SURE ALL YOUR DATA IS SAFE IN EVO (you will be putting your
appointments onto the palm from Evolution ONLY in this HOWTO).  I'm not
responsible for anything you may do to mess up your data.

2. Do a 'hard reset' of your palm.  This usually requires you to hold
the power button down and click the reset button in the back.  You
*WILL* erase all your data on your palm.  SEE STEP 1 for more info.

3. Open up Evo, crack open the Tools-->Pilot Settings.

4. Time to tell the palm it's name and rank again.  Under the Pilots
tab, click on edit if you had a palm before, otherwise make a new pilot.

5. Send the palm it's username and ID by entering them and clicking Send
to Pilot.  Follow the on-screen syncing instructions.

6. Go to the conduits tab.

7. Disable the Backup Conduit if you have it enabled.  For all the evo
conduits change the settings of them to:
        ACTION          : Synchronize
        ONE TIME ACTION : Copy to pilot

8. Sync your palm. Notice all your appointments and tasks from Evo have
been entered, if no errors have taken place (I'd suggest you start
gpilotd from a command line so you can see what's going on).

9. Enable the backup conduit (highly suggested), while you are in the
conduits tab, you might want to check to see that all the evo conduits
have a ONE TIME ACTION set to "None" again.

10. Everything's working for me now.  No more multiple appointments and
tasks!

My best guess at the cause of this is that evo changed the way they
stored appointments, so the palm thought that they were new appointments
and brought them in.  But I'm not a hacker, so I really have no idea.

Cheers,
--
Chris Ness

Software Engineering III
McMaster University
MES Co-Communications Director --> http://mes.mcmaster.ca

QOTM (November):
Business is a good game -- lots of competition and minimum of rules.
You keep score with money.
                -- Nolan Bushnell, founder of Atari