Re: [Evolution] Just another 1.2 user with no spellchecking [Solved]

Got gnome-spell-0.5-3.i386.rpm from rpmfind and processed it through
alien to make it fit into my Debian setup. Installed fine with no
warnings or complaints about unsatisfied dependencies, but gnome-spell
still must be unhappy about something because it segfaults as soon as
something calls it.

So I gave it a try with gnome-spell-0.5-2.i386.rpm and despite not
segfaulting it does not solve the problem.

So I tried gnome-spell-0.5-1.ximian.3.i386.rpm
Strangely, converting the rmp package to deb with alien produced
gnome-spell_0.5-2_i386.deb

But now it works and this message has been spellchecked for your reading
pleasure... Thanks to James and Vincent who hinted the solution !