[Evolution] Just another 1.2 user with no spellchecking

I read all the november posts about spellchecking in 1.2 but did not
find a way to enable it on my system. I have all the latest packages
from Debian Sid (Unstable) :

evolution 1.2.0-1
aspell 0.33.7.1-11 + aspell-en, fr, es and de
libaspell10 0.33.7.1-11
libgtkspell0 2.0.3-1
libpspell4 0.12.2-6
gnome-spell 0.4.1-4
gaspell 0.30-12

I'm sure some of them are not relevant, but that's everything I have
that seems related to spelling.

I tried logging out, removing ~/.gconfd/lock/ior and
~/.gconf/%gconf-xml-backend.lock/ior and the logging back in again, but
it did not change anything.

"Spell Check Document..." in the "Edit" menu is grayed out. In the
"Spell Checking" tab of the "Composer Preferences" item in the
"Evolution Settings" dialog, there is no "Spell Checking Language"
available and the "Enable" button is grayed out. "Check spelling while I
type" is enabled, but it has no effect.

Now, has anybody any idea what to do to make all that perform properly ?

I can't wait for the multilingual spellchecking goodness ! I remember a
few months ago when it was just a discussion item on this list and now
it is happening... I love Evolution !