[Evolution] Navigation keys in message window

For those of us who have been unhappy with the loss of the navigation
buttons/keys in version 1.2 in the message display window, here is a
patch that will restore at least a keyboard shortcut for the Next and

1. Shut down Evolution

2. In the /usr/share/gnome/ui/ make a backup copy of
evolution-mail-message.xml

3. Edit evolution-mail-message.xml as follows.

In the <commands> section modify these two commands

Original
--
<cmd name="MailNext"
_tip="Display the next message"/>

<cmd name="MailPrevious"
_tip="Display the previous message"/>

--

Modification
--
<cmd name="MailNext"
_tip="Display the next message"
accel="period"/>

<cmd name="MailPrevious"
_tip="Display the previous message"
accesl="comma"/>

--

Then in the <keybindings> section make these two changes.

Original
--
<accel name="comma" verb="MailPreviousUnread"/>

<accel name="period" verb="MailNextUnread"/>

--

Modification
--
<accel name="comma" verb="MailPrevious"/>

<accel name="period" verb="MailNext"/>

--

4. Save the file. Run killev from the console. Then restart Evolution.

Now when are reading mail in the message window you can use the period
and the comma to move to the next and previous messages.

The < > and the [ ] keys can still be used to goto the next and previous
Unread messages.

Thanks to Eric Lambart and Mertens Bram for the information about
redefining the key bindings.  I no longer feel like I'm having to read
mail through a keyhole called "preview"...

--
Chuck Stuettgen <cstuettgen myrealbox com>