RE: [Evolution] Serious issue with gnome pilot latest release (ev o 1.2)

Hi Anders,

I experimented a bit with the sync stuff. At least here, the
duplicate-triplicate... prob seems to affect the datebook/calendar only
(believe it or not, I had entries that where multiplied almost 300
times! Hard to get rid of them, since you have to delete each copy
separately - just to see all 300 re-appearing on the next sync... I
finally removed them on both, the palm and evo. Side-effect was I lost
some of the entries completely - luckily just for the past...)

Question that arises: may it be a prob/bug of the conduit, since no
address got duplicated at all?

After finslly getting gpilot to do a complete sync the problem
disapeared. Looks like it had som flag somewhere that didn't get reset
until a complete, correct sync was done. Now all works ok.

More strange here. First sync brought up tons of dupes. After deleting
them in Evo, the next sync seemed to work fine. However, on the third
sync all dupes where back - don't ask me where they came from... Now
after deleting the items in both, evo and palm, third sync looks very
good. Future will decide ;)

Except that I have to "wake it up" every time.

Yepp. I always wondered why sync only worked from time to time on my
machine. A few hours ago I found out, that somehow gpilotd (seems to be
the demon for gpilot) disappears or doesn't get loaded at all. The
wake-up you described has no effect here, so I wrote myself a little
shell script that checks whether the demon is alive or not and, in the
latter case, starts the demon. In case someone has a use for it:

#!/bin/bash
pilot=`pidof -s gpilotd`
if [ $pilot ]; then
  echo "gpilot is already running (PID: $pilot)."
else
  echo "gpilot not running - starting the demon..."
  gpilotd &
fi

Looks like a part of my problem is the fact that I sometimes sync my
PDA with a Windows box (need to if I want to upgrade stuff = upgrade

That could in fact be an explanation - same do I from time to time.
Remaining question is, however, why this problem didn't arise earlier
but with the upgrade to Evo 1.2.0 ?

As You said...hopefully someone digs into this.

Let's hope someone reads the thread here - or do we have to post it
again elsewhere? If you hear something about, please drop me a note (if
you remember ;)

Ciao
Izzy.

--