[Evolution] a proposal for making evolution' vfolders really powerful

I would like to extend the power of evolution vfolders (some of my ideas
are based on what zoot (http://www.zootsoftware.com) does.

1. create a (documented) language which power users can edit by hand.

2. have a vfolder-open script: Every time a folder is opened a script
written in this language executes.

3. have a vfolder-close script: every time the vfolder looses focus this
script is executed

4. have a msg-added-to vfolder scripts that runs every time a msg is
added to a vfolder.

5. have a msg-removed-from-vfolder

6. have a should-we-add-this-msg-to-vfolder script instead of the
current (too simplistic) rules (there seems to be a hint of this in the
expression field currently in the rules section)

7. allow vfolders to hold tasks, contacts and calendar items

The language should allow the user to access mail properties such as:
- date send
- date received
- Sender
- receiver
- cc receiver
- attachement (so it can autosave attachements and remove them)
- size
- status (replied, forwarded ...)
- etc etc etc

The language should allow action such as:
- move msg to a folder
- delete msg
- assign msg to vfolder (by passing the vfolder rules)
- reply to msg
- forward msg
- save msg as file
- pass msg to external program and then proceed with the resulting msg
- etc etc etc

Now that I think about it it will probably be best to have an external
language, and let evolution just set a few parameter (like $SUBJECT,
$SIZE, $FROM etc etc) and then call this external program so people can
use perl, python, shell, c, c++ or whatever to filter messages.
Evolution should allow call-back API's from this external program so it
can move msgs or delete them etc etc.

What do you think?