Re: [Evolution] JPEGs from a Mac OS X

fre, 2002-11-08 kl. 21:42 skrev Gregory Alan Kedrovsky:

    > Seems to me it's a coding config problem. Does anyone know what might be
    > the problem? He says he can send the same pic to his WinTel machine (via
    > Juno, another dial-up he has) and it comes through fine in WinDoze.

    Tell him he'll be doing you a real favor by sending it as a .zip file
    (do Macs have zip?) gzip -d or gunzip it.

Really?? Is that the best answer to the problem?? You sound like you've
bumped into this one before. And, there's no other fix for it? Is there
a reason it happens?

To be honest, I've no idea. But what he's sending you will be 7-bit
encoded one way or the other. The best bet is base64 that's gone wrong
somewhere - you hinted at the same yourself. And yes, I have something
to do with anti-virus and anti-spam shit and how to deal with those
things in smtp mail, even base64 coded and suchlike. You never know, it
might work.

    Tell him that, come the spring, you'll mow the lawn for him.

I told him. But, I bet he doesn't hold his breath. We live just about 1
hemisphere apart.  :-)

'Spect he'll pay the plane ticket :c)

Best,

Tony