[Evolution] Re: [Xpert]S3 Trio 3d

Hi

Let me know when you have had a chance of looking on the driver...
I have no expertise in this area, but I think it might be a problem for
the driver to allocate enough memory; as I said before the screen
reduces in size when I sellect 24 bpp and is perfect in 8bpp x 1280 x
960!

Could you explain to me why there's no advantage of 32 bit? It might be
me, but on Win98 I thought I could tell the difference between a 24bit
gradient and a 32 bit gradient - or have I fooled myself???

Setting the vrefresh and hsync is done by Modelines... right?
Well I found some different modelines for 1024 x 768 and the only
difference was where on the screen the picture was placed... (oh well
and the refresh rate...) but I thought it had no effect on the driver
generating the picture...!?!?!?

~Jørn Christensen