Re: [Evolution] Slow filtering under NFS

On Thu, 2002-05-30 at 21:06, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
Anyways, without a lot more information, it's impossible to say what
your problem is. It could be a slow network for all we know.

Sorry for the lack of info...  Here are more details,

1) Very small network (Server in the basement generally only one
satellite - the machine I read mail on)...

2) The server is a 1.33MHz athlon, 1GB pc133, 5400rpm ata100 drive.

3) The network is all 100Mbit ethernet.

4) The client is an 800MHz celeron, 1GB pc133, 7200rpm ata100 disk

Both client and server are running rh7.2 and evo 1.0.5.  The mail is all
sitting in /var/spool/mail on the server (nfs mounted to the client)
having been fetchmailed from a remote pop server.  My home directory on
the client is an NFS (auto)mount from the server.  The filters I run
basically just sort mail in /var/spool/mail/tad into folders based on
which list they came from.  I tend to get a lot of mail 2-300 per day
and I check it a few times a day, so each filtering run generally
operates on ~50 - 100 messages.  I don't see any error or diagnostic
messages printed anywhere, so my guess is that things are working as
expected, just very slowly over the network.

Does that help (or have I as usual provided interesting but completely
tangential information...)

Thanks,
Tad