[Evolution] Slow filtering under NFS

Greetings,

I've seen this issue (or one similar) discussed in the past but never
saw any clear resolution.  I usually run evo on a machine on which my
home directory is NFS mounted.  When I filter my messages, it takes an
unbearbly long time.  When I run on the server it is nearly
instantaneous.  Solutions mentioned to similar problems in the past have
been things like "get a real distribution", "get a real NFS
installation", etc...

Is there a more concrete solution?  I am running fairly stock RH 7.2 and
would just as soon not wander too far from RH's distributed packages.
Speculation has been that it is associated with the nfs lock daemon, but
I'm not sure I ever saw a solution for people who are running one.

Thanks,
Tad