Re: [Evolution] Evolution and pilot sync against USB palms

Am Mon, 2002-05-27 um 17.03 schrieb JP Rosevear:

Has anyone got a USB connection for this form of Palm (which uses the
PalmOS 4 mangled netword transport format over USB rather than treating
USB as fast serial) working?   Anyone got the new pilot-link (which does
support this) working with gnome-pilot?

Yes i have a succesfully connection to my Palm M515

You'll need cvs pilot-link and cvs gnome-pilot with the patch at
http://primates.ximian.com/~jpr/gnome-pilot.patch

Not only JP you also have to rebuild the Src RPM of Evolution because
the new Palmpilot gives a new lib named libpisock5.so and the old
libpisock4.so doesn`t exist. The Conduits in Evolution have to be
rebuilded against this new lib.

( Have lots of fun rebuilduing the Source RPM , took me two days )

-JP