Re: [Evolution] will there be a Windows port?

(disclaimer, I don't work for ximian and I'm no evolution hacker, so
these claims are just from my own point of view)

But Evolution has been designed from the ground up to be a Linux
mail/PIM alternative that provides similar functions than that of
Outlook, because Linux has had no real good solution to this in the
past.  To make Evolution for Windows would be reinventing the wheel
since Windows already has Outlook.  If your Windows users are already
using Outlook, then what would be the difference (aside from the cost,
but it is my understanding that if you've already purchased outlook and
it works for you, there shouldn't be any reason to shell out money for a
newer version, just keep up on the security patches. hehe)

I hate to sound like the Linux community should be selfish because that
goes against what they are about, but if there was a Windows port of
Evolution, that would be one less reason for someone to want to switch
to Linux anyway.  Selfish? maybe.  I know some graphics students who
tried Linux just to have the Gimp as a free program to use to do their
graphics, and now they love Linux.  Sadly, had they known that there was
a windows version of the Gimp they never would have switched  (I wasn't
going to be the one to tell them).

Ok, that's no solution to your problem by any means, but it's just my
two cents (maybe even one cent, it's not worth that much...)

--Corey