Re: [Evolution] will there be a Windows port?

On Thu, 2002-05-23 at 10:53, Tom wrote:
Why not use Win4Lin ... not sure how anyone else feels about it .. but I
find it very useful to run the programs I need and can not run through
wine.

I think most people are missing the issue.

In a 100 person company where everyone used Windows, getting *them*, not
us, to switch to linux is a big battle.

They need a real, compliant email program with calendaring.  Outlook is
a very good program for this with lots of baggage.  Evolution is an
excellent program missing the calendar server component.

If we could say "run Evolution, not Outlook" and it would

a) work on there current desktop
b) give them calendaring

They would happy.  Other issues aside, map a and b in a whole company,
and you are good to go.

--
Zot O'Connor

http://www.ZotConsulting.com