Re: [Evolution] - Japanese Language Support

On Wed, 1 May 2002 12:16:26 -0500,
"SL" == "Stuart Luppescu" <s-luppescu uchicago edu> wrote:

SL> I sent skye a message about this off-list. Perhaps I should have replied
SL> to all.

SL> I use Evolution to read and write Japanese email all the time. It works
SL> very well. Here's all I do to get it working:

SL> LANG=ja_JP.ujis
SL> LC_ALL=ja_JP.ujis
SL> LINGUAS="ja_JP.ujis"

If you use glibc 2.2, correct locale is ja_JP.eucJP :)

LANG=ja_JP.eucJP
export LANG

Evolution should works with the above variable.

SL> LESSCHARSET=japanese

This isn't related Evolution. this is less (pager) stuff.

--
Akira TAGOH  : tagoh gnome gr jp  / Japan GNOME Users Group
at gclab org : tagoh gnome-db org / GNOME-DB Project