Re: [Evolution] RE: Two questions about evolution

On Mon, 2002-03-18 at 21:29, Rubin Bennett wrote:
I've seen (and posted about) this behaviour in the interaction between
iCal items in Outlook (2000) and Evolution.  I believe it is to do with
the format of the iCal items sent by Evo, but I can't be sure (or it
could be something with MIME encoding/ decoding).  After patching the
hell out of Outlook just to make sure that if it's something broken,
it's unfixable, I resolved the issue by upgrading my winfe's system from
Windoze XP pro to Mandrake 8.1.  Problem solved.

I think you could have solved it by upgrading from Outlook 2000 to
Outlook 2002/XP too. (Or by installing an Exchange server for her, but
that's not a very good solution :-)

Anyway, this is mostly fixed in Evolution 1.0.3. You can get a 1.0.2.99
snapshot off the Ximian Preview channel in red carpet, and I think 1.0.3
itself will be out next week.

"Mostly" fixed because we had to lose some functionality to get it to
all work. :-/ But the end result is that we are now more interoperable
with Outlook than Outlook itself is. :)

-- Dan