Re: [Evolution] LDAP autocomplete ...

On Tue, 2002-03-12 at 15:26, Chris Toshok wrote:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure more is going on with the completion code..  I'll
take a look - we also need to have it give status about queries in
progress.

Are you at all considering an explicit-completion mode rather than
auto-completion, where the user explicitly controls whether and when the
LDAP server is queried e.g. by pressing a specific key combination?

How does the code currently determine when to send a query to the LDAP
server?  If I am typing "t o s h o k", does it send more and more
specific queries as I type each letter?

Thanks,
Yatin