Re: [Evolution] Expunging not working on INBOX (IMAP).

On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 16:00, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 18:40, Zot O'Connor wrote:
[snip]
So now I wonder if the message range is "too big" for cyrus, I mean it
is 1760 chars big.  Or is it evolution not waiting long enough?

There is no waiting period, it either does it or it doesn't. Your first
guess is probably correct though.

I am now trying to remember if it worked for me or not.  I will retest.

This is already fixed in CVS by splitting the command into multiple
commands.

At a minimum it seems like evolution needs to look for the BAD response
and then either send a full expunge, or send partial lists.

Already does in CVS.

[snip]

Basically, if the server says it supports UIDPLUS and doesn't support
UID EXPUNGE, then it's broken. You CANNOT claim to support UIDPLUS if
you don't support UID EXPUNGE.

As per usual the RFC is not explicit in this, but it seems the onus is
on the client (as it should be IMHO):

http://asg.web.cmu.edu/rfc/rfc2359.html#Sec-3

    Clients that wish to use the new command in UIDPLUS must of course
    first test for the presence of the extension by issuing a CAPABILITY
    command. Each of the features in UIDPLUS are optimizations; clients
    can provide the same functionality, albeit more slowly, by using
    commands in the base protocol. With each feature, this document
    recommends a fallback approach to take when the UIDPLUS extension is
    not supported by the server.

So the last line makes a "recommendation" which is odd.  It seems it
should make a "statement."  Dang wishy washy RFCs.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.