Re: [Evolution] Back/Forward toolbar navigational buttons

On Sun, 2002-06-30 at 21:43, Miguel Cabeca wrote:
Hi,

No, because its a bonobo menu, not a gtk+ one.

Ok, I understand. What features does a bonobo menu offer? Or, asked in
another way, why didn't they used the GTK one?

Well, of course its actually a gtk+ menu, but its through the bonobo ui
interface, so it looks the same, but as far as evolution is concerned,
it could be anything.

Bonobo is a compoment system.  What you see when you run evolution is
actually (at least) 4 separate executable programs, but they are all
presented in the same interface - via bonobo.  Bonobo merges menus and
toolbars from these separate applications (among other things), and
bascially holds everthing together in such a way as you can't tell the
difference ...

I can't say whether gnome 2 addresses this issue, i hope so, but i
wouldn't bet on it.  For now, you can edit your personal bonoobo ui
definitiion xml files to customise things like shortcuts (I _think_ in
${prefix}/share/evolution/*/*.xml ...)

2- Could the Hide Read Messages menu item have a check box like the hide
deleted messages to make the choise permanent?

Some of my messages are hidden, but not all. Is this a feature of the
hide read messages menu or a bug?

Yes its a feature.  I.e. you hide 'everything you've read so far', then
you read some, and then after you've read them, you hide them as well.

Otherwise, if you have the default 1.5 second timeout on 'read
messages', you click on a message, and 1.5 seconds later it vanishes,
becuase its suddenly changed from being unread to read ...

VFolders on "unread" messages also work in a similar way - you need to
"expunge" them to get rid of the messages which changed from matching
the vfolder to no longer matching the vfolder, while you were still
viewing them - otherwise it just doesn't "work".