Re: [Evolution] Courier IMAP odd behavior

On Wed, 2002-06-26 at 02:35, Blake Barnett wrote:
I'm running evolution 1.0.7 on Debian Sid.  My mail server runs
Courier-imap v1.4.3 w/ssl on Debian woody.

I'm pretty sure this is a known issue, but I can find no solution or
further information from searching the archives.

When I create a new account _sometimes_ it works correctly for a few
minutes but it always reverts to saying "This folder cannot contain
messages" for the INBOX.  I believe that from my testing it appears to
happen when I create a subfolder.

Subfolder of what folder?  Perhaps a log output of

CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1 evolution-mail

(run in a separate terminal before starting evolution)
could help identify the problem.

Also if I set the "Override server supplied folder namespace" to ".",
then I am able to access messages in the INBOX but all the subfolders
disappear.  I am also not able to create subfolders in this state.

There is a known bug that you can't have an INBOX namespace containing
an INBOX.

I have tried deleting my ~/evolution directory, recreating the account,
removing (purge) and reinstalling evolution.  It does not help.

From reading the courier-imap FAQ, they refer to rfc2342 and some mail
clients not implementing it correctly.  I believe I'm forcing this
behavior when I override the namespace, but evolution doesn't seem to be
playing nice on it's own.

Yes, not suprisingly.  We haven't implemented that rfc at all yet!

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Blake Barnett (bdb)  <blake barnett developonline com>
Sr. Unix Administrator

Learning is a skill, you get better at it with practice.