Re: [Evolution] Still having trouble sending via evolution (after mozilla install)

On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 22:26, Mike Gifford wrote:
Hello,

I'm still having a heck of a lot of trouble sending mail with evolution..

I've added the mozilla path:
/usr/lib/mozilla-1.0.0

here:
/etc/ld.so.conf

I start it using:
env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/usr/lib/mozilla-1.0.0 evolution

When evolution stalls sending messages I
killev
oaf-slay

to regain some control over it..

It then sends one or two messages (perhaps more) and then just stops sending
them out again..

Does it leave any tasks running (little things down the button of the
screen)?  Any errors?

This mail problem is becoming very dangerous to my work..  I can't remember
half the time if I've sent a message or not as I'm never certain that it is
going to go..  I've also lost data multiple times as when I cancel the send
when it is stalled I can regain some but not all of the information at the time
that I pressed submit..

What do you mean by this?  The editor pops back up with missing
information??

this is a big drag..  I'm running Red Hat 7.2..  I've got the  latest snapshot
from evolution & mozilla..

If you continue to have problems and you need something to work, perhaps
using the local sendmail to deliver mail is a more reliable option (if
its not some remote secured smtp server at least).

What the heck is going on..

Mike
--
Mike Gifford, OpenConcept Consulting, http://www.openconcept.ca
Open Source Web Applications for Social Change