Re: [Evolution] Samsung Contact

John,

I can only speak for the way the mailer works.  It relies on using a
library called Camel which performs all of the mail operations.  This
library is modelled on the JavaMail API, although has some differences
mainly because its written in C using a simple object system, rather
than Java, and has evolved a little too.  Most, but not all, of the api
is described in the source using javadoc style comments (gtk+doc
actually) - we dont have anything to extract this information for
presentation but hopefully will before long.

Unfortunatly, Camel is still evolving and stabilising.  There is some
very poor, minimal and mostly out of date documentation in
camel/devel-docs which aren't a great deal of use because of this.
Thats about the only high-level doco though.

Just writing a Camel plugin and defining how it is configured will give
the mailer all the functionality required access/manage the remote
folders.  There are some limitations such as the plugin must be GPL'd
and threadsafe (no orbit or gtk calls), etc.

That will only get you mail though, and you probably want to manage the
folders in a more integrated fashion which means you need to deal with
the various component (corba/bonobo) api's, which I dont know the state
of.