Re: [Evolution] fcntl(2) problem.

Perhaps try using something like:

strace -efcntl,open evolution-mail

then starting evolution normally.

To see what and where the fcntl is failing, it should also show .lock
locking attempts etc.

It shouldn't be using the camel-lock-helper, from memory, for this type
of locking.  If it is you wont see this, and this may be the cause of
the problem.

We fall back to using only 'dot' locking if the fcntl lock fails with
certain errors like einval or enolock, but not with eperm.

And as below, using maildir might be a nice solution.