[Evolution] Can evolution help me in crash recovery?

Hi *!

Some hours ago, a harddisk of my mailsystem died badly. I am running
qmail in Maildir style there, and as I lost my whole /home structure, I
lost a lot of my mail that I actually liked to keep.

I access that system also from work with evolution via IMAP. I noticed
that my evolution directory there is about 40MB full of extracts from my
read mail in the mail/imap/ branch. I see, for every mail there are
files like
28.
28.HEADER

or

29.1
29.1.MIME
29.2
29.2.MIME
29.HEADER

Is there a clever way to feed all this data back to my qmail box? Is
there a script or so to recreate proper mails from that stuff to pipe it
back to smtp or imap?

Any help would be appreciated,

        Kai.

P.S.
I know, I should have had backups. *Now* I know for sure. :-)