[Evolution] Evolution takes very long to read IMAP folders

Hello.

I just tried out evolution 1.05 again.  I'm using the Mandrake
RPM package evolution-1.05-1mdk on a current MandrakeLinux cooker
system.

When I load some semi large mailboxes over an IMAP connection to
a courier IMAP 1.4.5 server running on localhost, Evolution
nearly always takes at least twice as long to read a given
mailbox as Mozilla 1.0 does - and mutt is almost always ~4 times
as fast as Evolution, but since mutt doesn't cache anything, it
always needs to reload the complete folder, so overall Evolution
will be fast that mutt.

Anyhow - why is it, that Evolution is so very slow in reading
IMAP folders?

Here are the timings I've done:

Mandrake Changelog List
- 1902 messages
- 9 MB
-> mutt: 5 seconds
-> Mozilla: 10 seconds
-> Evolution: 20 seconds

Mandrake Cooker List
- 11574 messages
- 64 MB
-> mutt: 30 seconds
-> Mozila: 70 seconds
-> Evolution: 190 seconds

MySQL List
- 13136 messages
- 73 MB
-> mutt: 30 seconds
-> Mozilla: 70 seconds
-> Evolution: 190 seconds

The timings have been taken with a "stop watch" from the time I
clicked/opened the folder until the time the MUA was done with
reading.

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)