[Evolution] Setting email reminders

I am using Evolution 1.0.5 (from Debian "testing") and I would like to
have it send me email reminders for simple appointments.  The feature
list seems to indicate this is possible/supported, but it looks like
the code was removed/disabled.

Currently, the Reminders tab only show three options: Display and
alarm, play a sound, and run an external program.  I suppose that I
could put some "mail ..." command there but that seems like a lot of
effort as I'd have to set the subject, recepient, etc. manually (and
then I have to confirm that I want the program to run).

Can this be done?

Thanks,

Michael