Re: [Evolution] Bugs with devel snapshot

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 01:06, Mark Logan wrote:
Howdy,

I've been seeing 2 problems for the past few weeks.

First of all I've been getting a freeze several times per day.  I'm
using IMAP and evolution will freeze requiring a killev and restart to
get going again.

The messaged displayed when hanging is:
Fetching summary information for new messages (100% complete)

It doesn't freeze every time it fetches the summary information, but
when it does freeze, that's where it is.

If you can, attach to the evolution-mail program, and get a backtrace of
all threads.

i.e.
ps | grep evolution-mail
look for the process id which doesn't have a parent process id of
another evolution mail (usually the smallest number).
gdb evolution-mail pid
where pid is the process id, gdb should automatically 'break' the
process and give you a prompt:
(gdb) thread apply all bt
get the backtrace.

Submit it with a bug report on bugzilla.ximian.com.

Are you using ssl?

Second (and fairly minor), dragging and dropping to the shortcut bar
seems to be somewhat broken.  If you drag from the message view directly
on to the destination folder, it works.  If you drag on to the shortcut
bar and then try to move up and down to the destination folder, it won't
let you select the correct folder.

Yeah i noticed this yesterday trying to reproduce a bug.  Not sure if
its a 'known' bug though.

Let me know what information you want/need to help debug.

Thanks,
Mark

--
Mark Logan