Re: [Evolution] Re: Newbie questions/comments (Was: Re: [Evolution] Wish list/Todo ?)

On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 10:02, proXy wrote:

On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 22:51, Brad Felmey wrote:
On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 09:45, proXy wrote:

Why do you have more then one key?

More than one nym, persona, organizational role (e.g. 'security@'), etc.

I still don't see why you need more then one key?
Create more UID's for the first key.

I used to have multiple keys, it drove me insane.

Sometimes it is not desired to have the recipient be able to
cross-reference IDs, or an ID is needed that transcends an individual.
For instance, the above-referenced security   Now, I'm sure Microsoft
doesn't want that directly tied to Scott Culp, because if he's hit by a
bus, transferred, or whatever, Microsoft has to propagate a whole new
security key and field all manner of inquiries from customers worldwide
wanting to verify that the new key is valid.

There are many companies (including my own) who have such keys.
--
Brad Felmey