Re: [Evolution] Stoopid UI question

not to be an ass, but don't web browsers use "save to disk?" when
downloading? outlook uses "Save As" generic, sure. a thought.

i just wonder how much catering to the lowest common denominator is
positive. as in useful for the project. I would think, for any software
project, you ask "who is my audience?" novice computer users?
average users? what's average? anyway...

this is a silly and simple example, for certain. but i mean...
do day to day users not know what a disk is? as in a storage device?
hard disk? In the IT department here, i think that trouble call would
have resulted in some one cheerfully and politely explaining to the user
that "Save to disk" refered to any disk, not just a floppy disk. you
know... user training? people aren't idiots. it is okay to tell them
"no, it really means this." if it's reasonable.

novice isn't synonymous to moron.

certainly the user is not to be made fun of; that isn't productive. but
using a computer/desktop environment/ mail client, while not brain
surgery, isn't making toast either.

you do have to care enough, to understand enough to use any tool well.

anyway...

something to consider,

Harrison Bergeron

er,