Re: [Evolution] Arbitrary (way to modify) 'From' when composing

On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 14:47, ximian com ragweed net wrote:
Is there a voting process or some other way to recommend this feature?

Thanks very much - Evolution is a great app. ;)

As Jeff said, there's no real point to being able to make a custom from
address when you can create more mail accounts. Basically, the only
thing a From address wins you is making it easy to forge email
addresses, which is something we'd prefer to make less convenient, not
more.

Peter

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"Why should I have to change my name? He's the one who
sucks!"                              -- Michael Bolton