Re: [Evolution] Arbitrary (way to modify) 'From' when composing

On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 14:47, ximian com ragweed net wrote:
Is there a voting process or some other way to recommend this feature?

Not really, no. The reason you can have similar features in other simple
mail clients on Linux is because they don't have a concept of multiple
accounts (or if they do, they force you to use a single smtp server). If
we allow people to enter arbitrary text in the From field - how are we
to know which SMTP server we are to send the message with?

Simple: we can't.

If you can come up with logic on how to solve this problem, feel free to
add it to bugzilla but beyond that I don't see this ever happening.

Jeff

Thanks very much - Evolution is a great app. ;)