Re: [Evolution] Evolution randomly not applying filters

On Sat, 2002-07-06 at 01:30, Jason Tackaberry wrote:
My INBOX is on an IMAP server (running Courier IMAP), and since I have
been using Evolution (since 0.7 or so), Evolution has never reliably
automatically applied my filters to my INBOX.  (I do have the automatic
apply option checked.)

I have about 6 filters, some that move messages to different folders,
and others that color code emails.  The problem is that sometimes it
works, and sometimes it doesn't.  Evolution is not particular about
which filters it won't apply.  They have all sometimes worked, and they
have all sometimes not worked. :)  If I select a message and manually
apply the filters then it works, so I know this is a problem in the
automatic application and not my filter configuration.

Is there anything I can do to help debug this?

I guess you can try looking at the CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG output logs (run
evolution-mail in a terminal with CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1 set in the
environment).

Also note that if you use another mailer to read your mail at the same
time with any imap server, this feature isn't going to work right.