Re: [Evolution] signature file

Hi--

Your signature is an element you can use for self-expression.  It is a
text file (ascii, unformatted) of your making.  The filename can be
anything you want so long as its recognized by the file system.  There
is no standard suffix.  While I don't use a sig on personal mail, my
professional sig resides in my office home directory and goes by the
name ".signature", without the quotation marks.  Notice the period
before the name.  That keeps the filename hidden, so if anyone breaks
into my machine there will be less chance of them messing around.

Some email clients whine about signatures that exceed four (4) lines,
but I don't believe that Evo does.  When composing your sig, consider
the width of your message as it's read by the recipient's email client.
Most will display around 72 columns, so keep your sig 72 columns or less
wide.

Once you have composed it and entered the info into your email account
options, send test messages to yourself to see if it falls properly (no
unfortunate line breaks, etc.).

Also, you will notice that your new sig will appear below your message
and that two (2) hyphens and a character space will be placed
immediately above the sig.  These are placed there by standard and
convention and must not be moved or removed.

Have fun!

Dick