Re: [Evolution] account passwords query/suggestion

On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 11:32, Not Zed wrote:
On Thu, 2002-07-04 at 04:54, dan hensley attbi com wrote:

It happens(ed) to me fairly frequently.  Although now I don't see
the errors, since I'm using getmail and Courier IMAP for a local server.
I was pretty annoyed at having to re-enter passwords in Evo every time
my POP account was blocked for maintenance (or some error like that)
though.  I guess it all depends on your ISP.

Like I said, I think the 1.1 code treats password failure differently,
then again i'm not sure, its not always easy to tell with pop.  I find
the behaviour pretty annoying too.  One problem is that an isp might
leave the port open, so we can successfully connect, and then just give
us a 'bad password error - we're busy' response, which we can't parse
any other way as 'bad password', and ask for another one.

Yes, I think that's the kind of error message I got.  Can't remember for
sure though.  I haven't tried the 1.1 branch yet though--I want to,
because it sounds like there are all kinds of great new features, but I
want to wait until release, or until it's in a deep freeze...

PS dan is an example of someone who uses a mailer that doesn't provide
information for message threading ... :)

You mean my last message?  If so, yeah, my machine has been acting up
recently (I think my power supply is about to die), so I had to use
AT&T's webmail.  Who knows what that does...

Dan